Sometimes you just have a craving for a hamburger. I watch what I eat and don’t really want something from a take-away place that is dripping with oil and packed with fat. I found this on the Taste website one evening when I had such a craving and they really are great-tasting burgers. If you want to be sure how much fat is in them you can buy your meat as a steak and chuck it in a food processor. Doesn’t take much time – just a bit of extra washing up.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- Roasted capsicum
- Place mince, onion, chilli, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard, parmesan and nutmeg in a bowl, and season. Use your hands to shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add a bit of oil to a non-stick fry pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Assemble with remaining ingredients